- Reifsnider OS, Pimple P, Brand S, Bergrath Washington E, Shetty S, Desai NR. Cost-effectiveness of second-line empagliflozin versus liraglutide for type 2 diabetes in the United States. Diabetes, Obesity & Metabolism. 2022;24(4):652-661.
- Reifsnider O, Kansal A, Pimple P, Aponte-Ribero V, Brand S, Shetty S. Cost-effectiveness analysis of empagliflozin versus sitagliptin as second-line therapy for treatment in patients with type 2 diabetes in the United States. Diabetes, Obesity & Metabolism. 2021;23(3):791-799.
- Reifsnider OS, Kansal AR, Wanner C, Pfarr E, Koitka-Weber A, Brand SB, Stargardter M, Wang C, Kuti E, Ustyugova A. Cost-Effectiveness of Empagliflozin in Patients With Diabetic Kidney Disease in the United States: Findings Based on the EMPA-REG OUTCOME Trial. American Journal of Kidney Disease. 2021;S0272-6386(21)00952-5.
- Kansal AR, Reifsnider OS, Brand SB, Hawkins N, Coughlan A, Li S, Cragin L, Paramore C, Dietz AC, Caro JJ. Economic evaluation of betibeglogene autotemcel (Beti-cel) gene addition therapy in transfusion-dependent β-thalassemia. Journal of Market Access & Health Policy. 2021;9(1):1922028.
- Reifsnider OS, Kansal AR, Gandhi PK, Cragin L, Brand SB, Pfarr E, Fahrbach K, Ustyugova A. Cost-effectiveness of empagliflozin versus canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, or standard of care in patients with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. 2021;9(1):e001313.
- Reifsnider OS, Kansal AR, Franke J, Lee J, George JT, Brueckmann M, Kaspers S, Brand SB, Ustyugova A, Linden S, Stargardter M, Hau N. Cost-effectiveness of empagliflozin in the UK in an EMPA-REG OUTCOME subgroup with type 2 diabetes and heart failure. ESC Heart Failure. 2020;7(6):3910-3918.
- Monreal-Bosch M, Soulard S, Crespo C, Brand S, Kansal A. [Comparison of the cost-utility of direct oral anticoagulants for the prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation in Spain]. Revista de Neurologia. 2017;64(6):247-256. Article in Spanish.
- Abogunrin S, Brand S, Desai K, Dinet J, Gabriel S, Harrower T. AbobotulinumtoxinA in the management of cervical dystonia in the United Kingdom: a budget impact analysis. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research. 2015;7:441-449.
- Becerra V, Gracia A, Desai K, Abogunrin S, Brand S, Chapman R, García Alonso F, Fuster V, Sanz G. Cost-effectiveness and public health benefit of secondary cardiovascular disease prevention from improved adherence using a polypill in the UK. BMJ Open. 2015;5(5):e007111.
- Clemens A, Peng S, Brand S, Brueckmann M, Kansal A, Lim J, Noack H, Sander S, Sorensen S.. Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of dabigatran etexilate versus warfarin in atrial fibrillation in different age subgroups. American Journal of Cardiology. 2014;114(6):849-855.
Conference Posters and Presentations
- Brand S, Demko C, Gardner C, Feng H, Hoffman D, Kim Y, MacIver G, Phillips G, Wu S, Zhang Y, Kadambi A. Development of an evidence map of literature relevant to health economic and disease modeling of patients with obesity. Poster presented at European and International Congress on Obesity, Virtual Congress, September 2020.
- Reifsnider O, Kansal A, Pimple P, Aponte-Ribero V, Brand S, Shetty S. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Empagliflozin as a Second-Line Therapy in Treatment Sequences of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes in The United States. Circulation, 2019;140:A15929.
- Reifsnider O, Kansal A, Franke J, Lee J, George JT, Brueckmann M, Kaspers S, Brand S, Ustyugova A, Linden S, Hau N. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Empagliflozin Treatment in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Chronic Heart Failure Based on Subgroup of EMPA-REG OUTCOME in the United Kingdom. Value in Health, 2018;21(Suppl 3):S128.
- Reifsnider O, Kansal A, Franke J, Lee J, George JT, Brueckmann M, Kaspers S, Brand S, Ustyugova A, Linden S, Gandhi P. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Empagliflozin Treatment in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Chronic Heart Failure Based on Subgroup of EMPA-REG OUTCOME. Circulation, 2018;138:A15549.
- Dinet J, Desai K, Brand S, Abogunrin S, Gabriel S, Harrower T. AbobotulinumtoxinA in the Management of Cervical Dystonia (CD) in the United Kingdom (UK): A Budget Impact Analysis (BIA). Poster presented at the MDS 18th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2014.
- Kadambi A, Chapman R, Quon PL, Brand S, Sikirica M, Joish VN. Cost-effectiveness of Riociguat for the Treatment of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) in the United States. Poster presented at the American Thoracic Society 2014 International Conference, San Diego, CA, USA, May 2014.
Two of my short stories have appeared in anthologies. Even though I wrote them many years ago, they both ended up being about pandemics…
“Attack of the Were-Zombie Friendship with Benefits,” Were-, 2016
Ill-advised friends with benefits are a time-honored way to cope with DC’s infamously bad dating scene. When a virus spreads that turns people into fae, vampires, or zombies with a single bite, will our heroine make good decisions? Probably not.
amazon / kobo / publisher
“Perchance to Dream,” Athena’s Daughters vol. 2, 2015
Everyone is dying. Maya is one of the small number of people who are immune, and she’s losing everyone she loves. Then, an old friend points her toward an extraordinary way out.
I also have a list of science fiction and fantasy magazines I submit work to, which other SF/F writers might find interesting.